Privacy Statement - Customer Services
PRIVACY STATEMENT – Customer Services
Primark Online Privacy Statement
This privacy statement sets out what will happen to personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us when you submit the online “Contact Us” form, contact our Customer Services department via social media, phone or post or when you raise a query with us in-store (“Data”).
Who are we?
For the purposes of data protection legislation, the data controller of your Data is Primark Limited. References to “we”, “our” or “us” in this privacy statement mean Primark Limited.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect the following information about you:
Information you knowingly give to us
This may include:
· Your name, postal address, phone number, email address and instant messaging ID;
· Information you include in any correspondence you send to us (whether by submitting a completed “Contact Us” form, by social media, email, post or otherwise);
· Sensitive personal data which you choose to send to us, for example, photographs, medical information, information about your personal circumstances, and specific information regarding your reason for contacting us;
Information about your visit to the Customer Services pages of our website (“ Site”)
This may include:
· information concerning your use of our Site such as traffic data, location data, and other communication data; and
· information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data and does not identify you specifically.
How will we use your Data?
We will protect the confidentiality of your Data in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
We will use your Data:
· to engage with you to provide a response to your query and/ or resolve your complaint;
· for quality control and internal reporting purposes and to identify trends;
· for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and complying with our legal obligations;
· for the purpose of system administration and internal record keeping;
· to manage the performance of, and evaluate use of, our Site;
· to provide you with enhanced services; ;
· to enable you to participate in interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so;
· to monitor Site usage in order to help us develop the Site;
· to customise the Site according to your interests and to ensure the Site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you.
How long will we keep your Data?
Wherever possible, we will use your Data in a form that does not identify you. We will only retain your Data in a form that identifies you for as long as necessary to conclude your request/ complaint and for record-keeping. This means that we will not usually retain your personal information for longer than 6 years. Your Data may be retained for longer periods where it is necessary in connection with the resolution of a dispute.
Your Data is processed by us:
· because this is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by us in connection with responding to and handling your request/ complaint;
· because this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in maintaining internal administrative records;
· because this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in relation to the management, operation and enhancement of the Site;
· because this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in relation to quality control and business planning;
· in the case of sensitive personal data (see below), because we have your consent; and/ or
· for the purposes of establishing or exercising or defending legal rights.
Sensitive personal data and consent
Sensitive personal data is information about a person’s race, ethnic origin, political, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade-union membership; genetic and biometric data used for the purpose of identifying a specific person; and data concerning a person’s health or sex life or sexual orientation. In order to collect and use sensitive personal data about you, it is usually necessary for us to obtain your specific consent. Therefore, when you contact us, we ask you to confirm that you agree that we may use your Data in order to deal with your query. This helps us ensure that we have the consent we need in order to handle any sensitive personal data you may send to us when you ask us to respond to a query.
If we are handling any sensitive personal data about you on the basis of your consent, for example so that we can deal with a query or complaint, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent by using our “Contact Us” form, or by letting us know using any of the contact details below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent in this way, it may not be possible for us to carry on working to resolve your query or complaint.
Who do we share your information with?
We disclose personal information to the following recipients:
· our service providers;
· our professional advisers;
· affiliated Primark companies that have a relationship with you (where this is necessary to investigate or resolve your query or complaint);
· public authorities or judicial authorities (where disclosure is required by law or is necessary so that we can enforce our legal rights , or so that third parties can enforce their legal rights, or so that public authorities can exercise their functions in the public interest); or
· commercial partners (where disclosure is necessary in connection with the sale of a business or its assets).
Where do we transfer personal information to?
We may transfer your personal information, or store it, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in countries where standards of data protection are not equivalent to those that apply inside the EEA. If we do this we will comply with all relevant data protection legislation. Our usual practice when transferring personal data to countries outside the EEA is to use standard contractual clauses that have been approved by the European Commission.
How to access or amend your personal information
You have a right to request access to your Data and to have any inaccuracies amended. We will respond to any request you make in accordance with our legal duties. In order to process any such request we may need additional information from you such as a copy of identification or details about the reason you initially contacted us. If you make a request to access your Data a small charge may be payable.
A request to access your personal information or have your personal information amended should be sent to us using our “Contact Us” form or any of the contact details below.
How to contact us
Questions, comments or enquiries concerning this privacy statement are welcomed. You can contact us using our “Contact Us” form or using any of the contact details below
Post: Primark Limited, Arthur Ryan House, 22-24 Parnell Street, Dublin 1, Ireland